In addition to the cash prizes and in-kind business support for the winners which totals £170,000+, there is also a comprehensive support package and training opportunities provided to our Converge Challenge participants. The principal objective of the development programme is the completion of an 'investor-ready' business plan, incorporation of a new start-up or spin-out company or even closure on a seed funding round. Every project will have a different starting point and different short-term goals. The Converge Training aims to support you to identify those goals ensuring the best possible start for your new business. Let your ideas soar with Converge Challenge 2017!
- Converge Challenge - The top prize is £50,000 cash and over £28,000 in-kind business support and second prize is £25,000 cash and over £14,000 in-kind business support. The first prize enables matching of a Scottish Enterprise SMART: Feasibility award. PLUS: £15,000 cash prize plus in-kind support in the Design and Creativity Award.
- KickStart – Top prize was £6,000 cash and second prize was £4,000 cash.
- Social Enterprise – The top prize is £5,000 cash and one runner up of £3,000 cash. In 2017, the overall prize pot has increased to over £10,000 as the winners will receive branding and PR in-kind support.
- Training - May 30, 31 and June 1: 3-day residential training, including coaching in how to deliver the perfect elevator pitch, if you make it to the Converge Top 30; 2-day residential business development training if you make it to the KickStart Top 30 (May 31 and June 1); 2.5-day residential business development training if you make it to the Social Enterprise Top 30 (May 30 pm, May 31 and June 1); 12 months personalised training and mentoring to help you set up your business if you make it to the Converge Top 10.
- Business Surgery - Converge Challenge run Business Surgeries for the Converge Top 30 on June 27th 2017 at Morton Fraser, Edinburgh and June 28th 2017 at RBS, Glasgow. KickStart/Social Enterprise Business Surgery will be held for those challenge category finalists on November 21st 2017 in Edinburgh.